Welcome to Cop Stop Guardian™
Cop Stop Guardian is a non-profit organization whose mission is to serve as a third party mediator at traffic and police stops to help diffuse the tensions and miscommunication between driver and officer, and eventually prevent the many accidental deaths that result therefrom. We want to also help inform and educate the public on basic traffic and local community laws that govern their everyday affairs. We at Cop Stop Guardian know that everyone wants to get home safely from a police stop, Citizens and officers alike, and some of the main obstacles preventing this from happening is..
1. Fear of bodily injury from the Citizen to the officer and Vice versa.
2. The lack of education and awareness by the Citizen of local laws that govern basic traffic and police stops.
3. A misplaced fear of the officer, and an ignorance of their civil rights on behalf of the Citizen, leading to an unnecessarily anxious and tense police stop.
4. Improper training on behalf of police officers on how to lessen tensions without lethal violence.
5. A few bad police officers who do not have the Citizen’s best interest or preservation of rights in mind or at heart.
So Cop Stop Guardian’s Passion and Mission is to Serve as a pathway of communication between law enforcement and citizens during traffic stops until citizens, and police officers, gain the confidence and education to create a permanent relationship of trust, understanding, respect and eventually community between the two. How do we plan to do this you ask? With The Cop Stop Guardian SmartPhone App!
The 1st rule to remember in getting home safely from a police stop is Communication. The greater the lines of communication between the officer and Citizen the greater the chances each go home safely. You will be able to use The Cop Stop Guardian Smartphone App to help you communicate properly with law enforcement officers so you may get you home Safely without incident.
- To create a safe third-party mediation and accountability system for police stops in America.
- To educate the communities on local laws that govern traffic stops and Secure their rights
- To educate the public on proper demeanor, rapport and protocol for a traffic stop.
- To lessen and eventually eradicate the many violent and deadly traffic stops that occur among a high number of melanated Americans Citizens.
- To create a third-party national database on abusive corrupt police officers who mis-use their authority.
- To create a sense of community and unity among people who fear violence by police officers.
To ensure Law Abiding Officers are NOT falsely accused and unjustly persecuted.
To bring together the Community and Law-Enforcement for a better understanding to lessen the violence and tension.
- App will need a dash Mount for the phone camera to record hands free at the traffic stop.
- When App is activated camera is turned on and immediately begins recording traffic or police stop. The Cop Stop Call Center is immediately notified and phone is automatically turned onto speaker. The call center operator notifies the officer that the traffic stop is being third party video and audio recorded for the safety of both parties.
2a. Cop Stop Operator ask the officer(s) for name(s) and badge number(s) to submit for verification as well as file charges in case of any misconduct, while simultaneously sending out a #Cop Stop Flash Mob distress signal to App owners/users within a half a mile radius to mob that traffic stop for Community support and for extra video documentation. An Alert Notification will also be sent to App owners/users nationwide regarding the traffic stop.
- App will contain Video Clips as well as Law Library teaching users Basic traffic and civil rights laws and proper pull over procedure as well as proper demeanor, rapport and articulation with police officers.
- App will contain community function to connect users across the country to establish law study groups and legislative activity groups, also trauma support groups for victims of police brutality
- App will contain a community function to connect citizens with local law-enforcement for law study groups as well as group discussions on how to ease tensions.
- App will contain a register and phone numbers of community activist groups for citizens in need or who want to get involved.
- App will be able to send distress alert to family and friends upon request through Siri Voice application.
- App will contain all personal information relevant to traffic stop, I.e.… Drivers license information, if the driver is licensed to carry a firearm (if applicable as some states have open carry laws), Any sensitive medical condition(s) such as being hearing impared, Foreign languages spoken etc..
Call Center Operators
Call center operators will be well versed in basic traffic and police stop procedures as well as drivers rights.
Call center operators will be articulate and keep a calm demeanor with law-enforcement officers to defuse situations and lessen the chances of physical altercations.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!” We at Cop Stop Guardian want our communities to have the ability and confidence to handle themselves at a police stop and remove any misunderstandings and lack of communication that exist between officers and citizens. Our goal is to help educated citizens on their rights and the dues and don’ts of traffic stops, and eliminate the stressful situations that often lead to violence and unnecessary deaths during these encounters with law enforcement.
Video Courtesy of http://flexyourrights.org/
One of our main functions will include a neutral, third-party call center that will monitor, record and log all calls made to it by app users. While this app is designed to promote the proper behavioral protocol by Police Officers and Citizens as specified within the law , this Service is to be used ONLY as a general resource of information. The assistance of a third-party “witness” will serve as a neutral guide and if need be mediator, while not interfering with any police procedure.
Cop Stop Guardian’s vision is to create a nationwide web of communication and understanding between citizens and Law enforcement, together with an independent Agency that will hold law-enforcement and citizens alike accountable to the proper police stop procedures that will minimize and ultimately eliminate the tension and misunderstandings that lead to thousands of unnecessary violent deaths that occur at police stops every year. This vision can only be accomplished if citizens take control of their own destiny and work together WITH law enforcement instead of against, to solve this problem.